GTO 3987 on Mulholland

GTO 3987 on Mulholland

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Ferrari Berlinetta Lusso


I recently spent a pleasurable hour or so having drinks at the BLVD in the Beverly Wilshire Hotel with a gentleman who is the current owner of my very first Ferrari--a Berlinetta Lusso--and who is now in the process of fully restoring the car. He showed me project photos that revealed details which first led him to suspect that the car had been mine. He is an affable fellow and a very dedicated Ferrari enthusiast. The Lusso is not his only Ferrari nor is it the first that he has restored.

We spoke at length about my experience with the car and various historical events concerning the car and my exploits with it. He took notes about things that were perhaps of interest with regard to the restoration. It is a pity he lives so far away as I would love to witness the roll-out at project's end.

The photo shown here--which the owner graciously sent me--was taken prior to commencement of the restoration project and shows the car as it looked during the last year or so of my ownership.

1 comment:

Vic said...

The Lusso is truly, a very beautiful Berlinetta. It must be somewhat bittersweet to talk to the current owner about your first Ferrari and the restoration work that is being done to it. I'm sure it must bring back some great memories and stories you shared with the owner.