GTO 3987 on Mulholland

GTO 3987 on Mulholland

Monday, December 29, 2014

(Interview)

These days, I am writing one-man/one-woman shows as branding vehicles and career 'accelerants' for the actors with whom I work, but for twenty years (and 500 half-hour episodes) the vehicle was (Interview). In this short clip, one can see that the look, voice, style and story all convey the actress' brand of a hard-boiled, no nonsense woman who is obviously living with a lot of pain behind a thick veneer of aggressive antagonism. Here are a few quotes provoked by the series:

"The show blew me away." Adrian Lyne, director Fatal Attraction, Unfaithful

"I've never seen anything like it. I was spellbound." Ron Koslov, creator of the TV series Beauty and the Beast

"Mr. Brando would like to obtain a copy of the show (Interview) he saw on television last night." Aiko, secretary to Marlon Brando

"I don't understand why there was an actor's credit at the end of the show, I thought it was real." Christopher Penn, actor Pale Rider

"Methinks he has talent." Bob Rafelson, director Five Easy Pieces, The Postman Always Rings Twice

"Whoever did this deserves an Academy Award." Ron Shelton, director Bull Durham, White Men Can't Jump

"I saw the most amazing show (Interview) on television." Ryan O'Neal, actor

"These TV guests are interviewer's dream." David Gritten, TV critic, Los Angeles Herald-Examiner

No comments: