GTO 3987 on Mulholland

GTO 3987 on Mulholland

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

How to Shoot a Feature Film in 15 Days (And Survive to See Profits) (excerpt)


I have an elliptical style of storytelling that is evident in all of my work and can be seen in the novels I’ve written, the stories I’ve created for my television series (Interview) as well as the movies I’ve made. It is a style in which some pertinent elements are left unsaid relying on the reader or viewer to intuit and project their own thought process into the story in order to have the complete picture. I am asking the reader or viewer to “read between the lines”, if you will.

Bleeder’s final scene features a police commander who murdered the down-and-out prize fighter known as “Bleeder” and whose criminal acts resulted in the death of a detective on Bates’ homicide squad. As he answers the door at his home, he is killed by a shotgun blast and slumps to the floor. The reflection in his glasses shows the figure of the gunman who closes the door. Was the assassin Bates? I’ll never tell!

http://www.amazon.com/Shoot-Feature-Film-Survive-Profits-ebook/dp/B00R0GFGLU

No comments: