GTO 3987 on Mulholland

GTO 3987 on Mulholland

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Serge Dermanian: "308 GT 4 Boxer configuration"


From Serge Dermanian:

"I found in my slides a picture that will interest you. In 1982, when the Ferrari 308 GT4 came out, Ferrari made a very limited number of "308 GT 4 Boxer configuration" cars with (red with lower part of the body black, ivory leather upholstery).

There was only one in the US. This car was in the St Louis Michigan's dealer showroom. My customer asked me to make a deal and with a certified check in my pocket, my wife and I flew on a Friday evening from Boston to St Louis. I remember the sales manager Bud Pessin picked us at the airport. We spent a night in a nearby motel and after carefully checking over the paper work title, we  drove away Saturday morning.

There was a beautiful, practically new black 289 Shelby Cobra, that he offered for 13.000$! A bargain!

While driving in Pennsylvania I stopped for fuel in a hillside gas station, the attendant looked over the car and asked "Hey man is that one of these kits cars?"

We made it back safely to Waltham Mass.on Sunday morning; a great drive across the US at the wheel of this beautiful car.
Hope you can use this picture.
Serge"

Thank you, Serge!

No comments: