GTO 3987 on Mulholland

GTO 3987 on Mulholland

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Ferrari yearbook and...


At a certain point, I had come to the attention of someone at the Ferrari factory. I had a chance meeting with Enzo himself in the paddock at Monza where we were joined in conversation by Manuel Fangio (!!) but it may have been something additional that put me on the factory's radar--I had recently sold my Lusso to acquire a 250GTO--because I suddenly began receiving not one but two copies of everything from them in the mail--two 'Buon Capodanno' cards personally signed by Enzo Ferrari in his famous purple ink and two Ferrari yearbooks with a small engraved card that said 'Enzo Ferrari' stapled to it among other things.

Leafing through one of the yearbooks, I was suddenly surprised and horrified to find that, apparently, my younger sisters had gotten hold of it and were using it for a coloring book with their crayons (!!!). I was stunned as it was not like them to go into my closet looking for things to color on so this discovery was perplexing. I was flabbergasted, to say the least!

Trying to control my anger, I took a closer look at the coloring to see if it provided a clue as to who the culprit might be--it did indeed! What I initially saw as an abstract effort to fill the page with a Crayola suddenly morphed into a lengthy inscription by none other than Enzo Ferrari in his purple ink that was, at first, difficult to read as it was written over photographs!

I cancelled the lecture I'd had in mind for my sisters...

No comments: