GTO 3987 on Mulholland

GTO 3987 on Mulholland

Sunday, March 3, 2019

What I think makes for good acting?


The question of what I think makes for good acting was asked by a Ferrari friend  and, for me, it's when the actor makes what he or she is thinking but not saying as important as the dialogue they are speaking--Steve McQueen, Alec Guinness, Richard Burton, Cyril Cusack to name a few excelled at this...

To my friend John Thurston  on the subject of Clint Eastwood, I commented that Clint makes every scene look and feel like a harmonic of nonsense he's had to deal with before which gives his performances more weight.

And in another comment to John I wrote about his photograph 'the difference between what he is looking at and what he sees is where the magic resides'.

All of these considerations make for great acting and all of these can be seen in this frame grab from my movie Exigence with Pry'ce Jaymes and Tom Maseth:

Uber driver (Tom): Are you Nico?
Nico (Pry'ce): Are we taking notes?

The intensity comes from influences outside of the scene and make us wonder what they might be, thus involving our thought processes as well as emotions...

No comments: