GTO 3987 on Mulholland

GTO 3987 on Mulholland

Thursday, August 22, 2019

Woman on the Beach: Mandeville Canyon & the Raiders



Woman on the Beach: Mandeville Canyon & the Raiders--We see Margareta Sjödin and me at the tail end of an argument about nothing spawned by the prospect of a secret about to emerge. We shot this in Mandeville Canyon about a mile from where I grew up.

The Raiders helmet being modeled by one of Margareta's daughters was given to me by Raiders head coach Tom Flores who twice took the team to the Super Bowl as head coach and played quarterback for the Raiders from 1960-66. As I was leaving the Raiders facility in El Segundo with the helmet, Al LoCasale who was Al Davis' confidant and executive assistant stopped me to make sure I hadn't purloined it.

This digital copy was made from a home video VHS copy.

No comments: