GTO 3987 on Mulholland

GTO 3987 on Mulholland

Saturday, January 11, 2020

Dead Right: Movie & Book



In 1990, I shot my movie Dead Right and in 2014 I wrote a book about the experience, How to Shoot a Feature Film in 15 Days (And Survive to See Profits)...

"A true renaissance man who carries himself with an air of assured aristocracy, Stephen is a raconteur extraordinaire who has led a Gump-esque existence. Within weeks of meeting him, I was regaled with tales of his meeting Steve McQueen and comparing notes on the Ferraris they both owned, encountering Enzo Ferrari at a racetrack in Italy, Marlon Brando leaving an unprompted six-minute message on his answering machine, his befriending of the world’s best dressed and groomed homeless man who may or may not have worked at Area 51 (Stephen checked his references), and his one-time ownership of the rarest Ferrari on Earth, a GTO now owned by Ralph Lauren and worth over $50 million.

Each of these tales was delivered in Stephen’s default tone: Calm, even, relaxed. As if he was reading his grocery shopping list for the week; ‘So Brando called and, oh, I need milk and oranges.’ Now don’t mistake what I just wrote as a suggestion that Stephen is a boring storyteller. Quite the opposite. He draws you in, keeps you in suspense and leaves you begging for more. By page five of this book, I think you’ll see what I mean."

Richard “RB” Botto
Founder/CEO Stage 32,



No comments: