GTO 3987 on Mulholland

GTO 3987 on Mulholland

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

(Interview) version française


My original intention with (Interview) version française was to begin producing it during visits to Paris. To accelerate the process, I began looking locally for French actors and was surprised to find--with some notable help from Kathi Carey (who starred in many segments of the original series) and a few ASW members--a substantial reserve of talent here in Los Angeles.

Taping is underway and, ironically, one of the first two segments was taped with actress Priscilla Lingenheim who flew in from Paris to do the show (merci Jean-Baptiste Lequime!). We taped last night and she was sublime. Watching Priscilla's performance in the the playback, I felt like Paul Newman's character in The Verdict watching the Polaroid prints develop to reveal the condition of his client--Priscilla's character developed and morphed before our eyes second-by-second without seeming to do so.

I did 500 half-hour segments of the original series (in English) and it remains to be seen how many will be done in French. I can say, however, that it is a very special pleasure to be doing the show again--this time in the language that I used filming my very first projects back when.

No comments: