GTO 3987 on Mulholland

GTO 3987 on Mulholland

Monday, March 19, 2012

A note and photos from Serge Dermanian


Serge Dermanian sent this note along with some Dino photos. I always enjoy his stories and the photos he sends:


Stephen,

While sorting out some old slides, I found this picture that I scanned for you, I feel that many books are written and very important facts are left out. For example: this Ferrari 308 GT4 "Boxer configuration" two tone factory body paint with red upper section, & black bottom section, ivory leather interior. In 1976, a customer wanted this car which he had heard about while overseas but there was one only and, yes, it was in St Louis...

I made a deal for our customer, and flew from Waltham, Massachusetts, to St Louis late on a Friday evening. The dealer meet me at the airport with the paper work all in order. My wife & I drove it back home in two days.

A funny thing happened somewhere in the Poconos where I stopped for gas. The attendant looked at me pointing to the 308. "Hey man, is that one of them kit cars?"


Another example is the Dino 206 prototype, serial # 206. See it here in my garage with its red alloy body, knock off wheels, black seats with red inserts and original, factory wood steering wheel.



I acquired this little gem from an Italian businessman in 1969/70 and thought you would enjoy these comments

Serge Dermanian

No comments: