GTO 3987 on Mulholland

GTO 3987 on Mulholland

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Shell Game at Veloce Today


Matthew Ettinger’s long time game of cat-and-mouse with Shell Oil memorabilia

I’ve known Matthew Ettinger since I was in my late teens. When I first met him, he was a nightclub owner and, like me, a Ferrari owner. As our friendship developed and we really got to know each other, we had both moved on to Ferraris that were even more exotic, choosing racing cars as our daily transportation. I had moved on to a GTO while Matthew had acquired the famous Ferrari Breadvan. Matthew was also a serious collector. He loved going through antique shops and knew many of the dealers in Los Angeles personally. His home was filled with original art and rare objects of one sort or another and it would take several visits to get a sense of all that he had.

Read the entire article on Veloce Today.

No comments: