GTO 3987 on Mulholland

GTO 3987 on Mulholland

Monday, September 28, 2015

What Picasso can teach an actor...


There are certain observations about life that are constant and can be applied to any endeavor. After posting quotes from Miles Davis, I thought it would be interesting to read what Picasso had to say:

“Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working.”

“If I paint a wild horse, you might not see the horse...but surely you will see the wildness!”

“There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.”

“Painting is just another way of keeping a diary.”

“The world doesn't make sense, so why should I paint pictures that do?”

“I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it.”

“Art is the lie that enables us to realize the truth.”

“Everything you can imagine is real.”

“To draw, you must close your eyes and sing”

“Youth has no age. ”

“If I don't have red, I use blue.”

“I paint objects as I think them, not as I see them.”

“I begin with an idea and then it becomes something else.”

“What one does is what counts. Not what one had the intention of doing.”

“Art is the elimination of the unnecessary.”

“All art is erotic.”

“Anything new, anything worth doing, can't be recognized.”

“There is only one way to see things, until someone shows us how to look at them with different eyes”

“The meaning of life is to find your gift, the purpose of life is to give it away.”

See more at: http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/3253.Pablo_Picasso

No comments: