GTO 3987 on Mulholland

GTO 3987 on Mulholland

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Branding considerations and acting



The video clip seen here is from a Skype session I had with KBaby Nate, an actor in the DMV area. My first task with a new student is to get a sense of his or her natural attributes so as to form an impression of a brand that will take advantage of the actor's unique characteristics.

My immediate reaction to Nate was that I liked him and found him to be very bright and entertaining and these were the salient qualities I wanted to incorporate into his acting brand. I also perceived a slightly mischievous nature that has served Jack Nicholson and Eddie Murphy very well over the years on the big screen. Here is a fellow that is likely the smartest guy in the room and doesn't mind letting everyone know it in his own playful way.

The monologue I've written for him in the clip is a precursor to a one-man show wherein I envision Nate's character taking his life in his hands to have a bit of sport with a very nasty character he's never met before.

News as it develops...

No comments: