GTO 3987 on Mulholland

GTO 3987 on Mulholland

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Margaret Hall (Interview) excerpt



Margaret Hall (Interview) starring Katherine James: When I was shooting my TV series (Interview)--each half-hour segment featuring a fictional author and his/her fictional book--it created something of a sensation prompting phone calls from Marlon Brando, T Bone Burnett, Adrian Lyne, Ron Shelton among others. Most thought the authors and books were real.

One day I received a call from a woman who said she was captivated by the segment she had watched the night before. I asked if she would like to do one with me. She had not yet told me she was an actress. As usual, I created a story for her that I thought matched her look and personality and thus she played a character who, living in a remote area, was taken hostage by a fugitive killer and caused an unexpected transformation in him.

It turns out that, back in the day, Katherine had been offered the role of Candy in the movie of the same name with Richard Burton et al but had declined to go off to London with Ginger Baker instead. When the show aired, a well-known actress called and expressed her interest in acquiring the movie rights to the story so that she and her actor brother could star in it together. This was followed by a call from her manager--a woman so toxic that I ended the call precipitately, shall we say...

No comments: