GTO 3987 on Mulholland

GTO 3987 on Mulholland

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Ray D. Shosay returns from Hell...


"We are very excited at having the chance to work with you!"
"Why?"
"Tremendously excited, actually."
"What do you want?"
"We want you to write the P.R. legend--uh, narrative--for the Ghislaine Maxwell matter."
"You mean arrest?"
"Um..."
"Why me?"
"You were the fellow behind that Nigerian funk band."
"Oh."

Understand that I didn't want to meet him at the hotel--or at all, in fact--for a myriad of reasons so it worked out fine when they sent a limo and delivered me to one of Paris' busiest restaurants which he had reserved exclusively for us and our luncheon/talk/pitch session. Robo Chad (née Raymond Borowski, Jr., AKA Chad, AKA The Chad) negotiated my release from a cross-collateralized 4-picture deal in exchange for my taking the meeting while 'Le Tout-Paris' took turns affecting a nonchalant gaze through the window wondering why the restaurant was closed at lunch.

"How come there's no mugshot?"
"What?"
"Asking for a friend."
"Oh, let me get back to you on that but in the meantime..."
"Don't ask about the mugshot?"
"I'll get you all the photos you need."
"Except the one..."

*     *     *

No comments: