GTO 3987 on Mulholland

GTO 3987 on Mulholland

Friday, June 24, 2011

Ferrari photos from Serge Dermanian



These photos and anecdote from my friend Serge Dermanian arrived in response to my post "GTO photos from Chuck Queener". For many years, Serge looked after the cars in the Ralph Lauren collection including, of course, my old GTO. His job was to drive the cars in the collection as often as he liked and to keep them in proper working order. O lucky man!

"Hello Stephen,

I remember, how I meet Chuck Queener! In 1982, I had organized a Ferrari meet, at my Waltham, MA. High Performance Cars Alfa store. I had invited Peter Sachs, who came with a surprise "gift"! Chuck Queener in person, by the road from Connecticut, driving the fabulous, famous, 1956 Paris Show car, a white Superfast. I remember replacing the spark plugs as soon as they arrived.

Look at these 2 pictures! We had a great day that ended in a nearby restaurant & a slide show of ferraris I owned!

Souvenirs..souvenirs..

Regards
Serge Dermanian"

1 comment:

ESteid said...

That dealership in Waltham is now Aston Martin of New England. I had no idea it had such history.