GTO 3987 on Mulholland

GTO 3987 on Mulholland

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ferrari 275 GTB





Darren Costello previously contributed to this blog in a post titled Letter to the Editor. Recently, Darren sent me some photos of a Ferrari 275 GTB--a model I've always liked--that he took at Bloomington. I thought I would share them with you here.

Hey, Stephen.

I'm quite lucky to live in an area that caters to a car guy’s needs. There are lots of opportunities to attend some rather nice car events, all relatively nearby. One in particular was the Bloomington Gold Corvette show. A few years ago they added a class for Survivor cars (all makes/models). Having grown sick of cookie cutter restorations where the cars lose all their personality and character. This is a real treat for me.

I stumbled onto this and thought of you. I couldn't find the owner to talk to but assumed this was a very original car. Still a lot to learn. I'm hoping to find more events that feature Ferrari nearby. I've been fortunate to find out about a local Ferrari dealer open house that I've been attending for the last few years so that's a start.

Hope this email finds you well,

Darren

2 comments:

Scott said...

Just this past week I had the thrill of one of these beauties passing me, going the other way, in the middle of my little town, Tryon, NC. Back in the early 70s, there was a red 275GTB that was regularly parked at the train station, somebody's "commuter car", rain or shine, summer and winter, in my parent's town of Rye, NY. God, these beasts are something very special!!

Vic said...

The 275 GTB is a great looking Ferrari. If I'm not mistaken, the first time I saw this car was in a episode of the late '70s early '80s TV show "CHiPs". It was driven by singer/actor Leif Garrett who was portraying a young rock star.