GTO 3987 on Mulholland

GTO 3987 on Mulholland

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Ferrari 250 LWB California




This wonderful car is undergoing restoration by its current owner. Here is a note concerning the car from friend and former owner Gary Wales:

“I traded the car straight across from Ed Jurist of The Vintage Car Store in Nyac, New York for my A6GCS 2000, After blowing up the engine [Note: This happened when Gary was ‘flipped-off’ by the driver of a 427 Corvette. Gary returned the salutation and a speed contest ensued with catastrophic results to the V12 engine]. I traded it for a Mercedes-Benz 190SL convertible which had been put together from two damaged cars. 1203 GT was maroon with black interior and I did no mods on the car whatsoever. As far as what color I would choose, I would have the original color that it now has but would have a biscuit interior. Black leather is to damn hot in a sunny clime.”

No comments: